Land trust staff, board members, and volunteers are invited to a roundtable discussion regarding land trust farmland preservation work and other farm-related activities on January 18th at the Brandywine Conservancy. Lunch will be provided. $12 fee.
- Existing and potential future state funding for land trusts engaging in farmland preservation work and other farm-related activities
- Taking advantage (or not) of federal funding for farmland preservation
- PALTA study findings: “Water Quality and the PA Agricultural Conservation Easement Purchase Program”
- Land trust roles and issues with conservation plans
- Monitoring agricultural conservation easements and conservation plan implementation/conformance
- Partnerships with county and local governments for the purposes of acquisition and monitoring & stewardship
- Other topics identified by the registrants