The Brandywine Conservancy recently released the summer edition of its quarterly Environmental Currents publication. Articles include:
- An overview and celebration of the Chester County Commissioners’ landmark achievement of 30 years of open space preservation successes, plus information on the updated Return on Environment report;
- an article about a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to save a prominent historic house and property in the Borough of Modena;
- a blog about beavers and the impact they’ve recently made to the Brandywine’s Waterloo Mill Preserve;
- information about the Conservancy’s 4th annual Bike the Brandywine event on Saturday, September 28;
- a recap of a lively roundtable discussion held between the Brandywine-Christina Watershed Partners and key stakeholders (such as government officials and transportation groups) regarding shared concerns with roads and stormwater runoff regulations;
- an invasive species spotlight article on common reed (Phragmites australis);
- and more.