The DCNR Bureau of Recreation and Conservation (BRC) 2016 grant program for public recreation and conservation projects will open on January 20, 2016, and close on April 13, 2016. In partnership with Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society, DCNR is offering free, in-person grant workshops across Pennsylvania in November and two webinars in early 2016.
The presentations will include information on BRC’s new selection criteria, grant program eligibility requirements, and documents needed in order to file an application. Community leaders, municipal officials, consultants, land trusts, board members, trail managers and park and recreation professionals are encouraged to participate. If your organization is considering submitting an application to DCNR’s 2016 grant program, attendance at one of the following workshops is strongly encouraged.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR BOTH THE WORKSHOPS AND WEBINARS. Participants can register by visiting DCNR’s events calendar at www.events.dcnr.pa.gov and navigating to the desired program date.
November 2015 State wide Grant Workshop Locations & Dates
- 11-2-15 Camp Hill, Camp Hill Borough Building: Prosser Hall (Southcentral Region 3)
- 11-4-15 Wexford, Pine Community Center (Southwest Region 5)
- 11-5-15 Franklin, Quality Inn (Northwest Region 6)
- 11-12-15 Nanticoke, Luzerene County Community College: Educational Conference Center (Northeast Region 2)
- 11-17-15 Doylestown, Heritage Conservancy Office, Aldie Mansion (Southeast Region 3)
- 11-18-15 State College, Penn Stater Hotel & Conference Center (Northcentral Region 4)
- 11-24-15 PA Wilds, contact email@example.com for more information
All event times: Registration 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Workshop 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Note: These workshops are being conducted by DCNR and are not Pennsylvania Land Trust Association programs.