Join land trust staff, board members, and volunteers on April 3 at the Brandywine Conservancy for a roundtable discussion about farmland preservation and other farm-related work by land trusts. Coffee and lunch will be provided.
Date: April 3 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Location: Brandywine Conservancy offices (1 Hoffman’s Mill Road, Chadds Ford)
- PALTA report findings: Pathways Toward Increased Land Trust Involvement in Agricultural Conservation Planning and Implementation (please review in advance and come prepared with feedback)
- State funding for land trusts engaged in farmland-related work (including recently introduced HB 574 and the impact of proposed budget cuts to the Environmental Stewardship Fund)
- Pennsylvania Farm Bill and proposed changes to the ACEP program
- Rural enterprise endeavors (e.g., weddings, agritourism, etc.) on preserved farms
- Working with conservation districts and NRCS
- Considerations when placing easements on working lands
- Understanding the economic and infrastructure needs of farm operations
- Other topics raised by participants
10:00 – 10:30: Coffee
10:30 – 12:30: Discussion
12:30 – 1:00: Lunch
1:00 – 2:30: Discussion