The Wildlife Leadership Academy enriches Pennsylvania teens and empowers them to become certified Conservation Ambassadors through attending a five-day residential summer field schools: white-tailed deer, brook trout, ruffed grouse, turkey, or bass. Students gain extensive knowledge about wildlife and conservation, leadership experience, and communication skills.
Please consider helping us continue to build a network of inspired and dedicated young leaders for conservation to ensure a sustained wildlife legacy for future generations.
Conservation Ambassadors receive:
- Letters of Recommendation from the executive director for college applications
- Certification of community service work
- Certificates designating them as Conservation Ambassadors
Plus, Conservation Ambassadors are also eligible to:
- Receive three college credits from Cedar Crest College
- Apply to become a youth mentor and return to the program tuition free the following year
- Compete for college scholarships
- Attend college visit days at colleges and universities that have wildlife and conservation programs
- Join an Academy Alumni Network of wildlife, fisheries, and conservation professionals
The Academy is looking for highly motivated students between the ages of 14 and 17 to join one of its five-day residential summer wildlife/fisheries focused field schools to begin their journey to become Conservation Ambassadors. Students should have demonstrated interest in the outdoors and in wildlife and/or fisheries conservation.